Thursday, September 13, 2012

Terrific Thursday!

I hope everyone is having a great week! I just wanted to write a quick post about how much I LOVE Scholastic! As a young teacher my classroom library is, well, the pits! I am only in my fourth year of teaching and only second year in first grade, and I DESPERATELY need a classroom library. Last year around Christmas time I started using Scholastic Book Clubs to help build my classroom library, and my kids were always so excited when that red box showed up! (Me too1) By the end of the school year this is what I had accumulated for our classroom library through both Scholastic Book Clubs and other shopping adventures.


So last week I sent home the first Scholastic book order for the year. It totaled at around $70.00, and I am so excited to share that with bonus points and extra Scholastic offers I was able to order 23 new books for our classroom library!!!! WOW!!! It felt like Christmas today when this red box arrived!



Needless to say today was a terrific Thursday! Not only is Scholastic a great company that supports teachers and classrooms, but it also offers books at GREAT PRICES for parents. It is so important for teachers and parents to work together to encourage a love for reading at such a young age that will hopefully stick with the kids for years to come!

If you are a teacher and would like to sign up for Scholastic Books Clubs click here.

If you are a parent and would like to search for your child's teacher to order books online click here.


I hope you have a Fabulous Friday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where did you get your book bins? I am revamping my classroom library and am having a tough time finding sturdy but affordable bins. Thanks!

Kerrie Sherrell said...

These bins came from dollar tree. Out of the 15 I bought in August, only 2 have but the dust! :) I will be on the hunt for better ones this summer! These are cute but not study enough for a large group if books. They are great for organization though!

Post a Comment