Monday, April 9, 2012

New Ideas

So maybe blogging has not turned out to be my thing!  Maybe next year I will be on my feet enough to actually get this blog going! 

We have had a great year in first grade!  I'm learning new things everyday!  Since the last post we celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, Read Across America, and Easter.... yeah I stink at blogging!  

This year I have fallen in love with teacherspayteachers and teachersnotebook.  These are great resources to find Common Core centered activities that are great to use in my reading centers.  As I kept downloading these great documents I decided to try to make some of my own.  Let's hope I am better at making classroom materials than blogging!

Next week we are reviewing "r" controlled vowels and "oy", "oi" vowels sounds.  Here are two of the games I have made so far.  For all of my teacher friends, please download and let me know what you think!  Hope your students enjoy these!



We are also using Venn Diagrams to help organize our thought during the writing process.  I created this short mini-lesson for my teacher led center.  We will be using a crab and a sea turtle for our compare/contrast activity.  I also included a blank Venn Diagram for use anytime.  This is a FREEBIE so ENJOY!



0 comments:

Post a Comment